Noffs Self Storage first opened for business in 1980, then named Geo.W.Noffs Mini-Storage Centers. This family-owned business was founded by George W. Noffs, an enterprising figure in the moving industry starting in the late 1950’s, and incorporated in 1962. At the time George owned Geo.W.Noffs Moving Inc., an industry leader in the moving business throughout the greater Chicagoland area, mutually benefitting from an early partnership with North American Inc. Though George would go on to sell his moving company in 1990, his visionary ideals catering to families and businesses would continue to find their voice in a separate company — Noffs Self Storage.
With construction finishing in the early spring of 1980, Noffs Self Storage began its inception with a brave new idea: offering indoor storage based in large, two-story pre-fabricated concrete structures. This notable innovation preceded and was emulated by many modern storage facilities’ designs. Accessibility was also a key component in George’s progressive outlook towards self-storage done right: long operating hours (7:30am to 7pm) and further opportunities for access both before and after business hours ensured flexibility for those who needed it most. The foresight of the luminary George Noffs did not stop there: shortly after opening, Noffs Self Storage also started offering local truck rentals, boxes and packing supplies, mailbox rentals, and a system that would eventually be expanded to accommodate one-way moves using Penske trucks. In a short period, George Noffs’ vision for reliable self-storage had evolved into creating a one-stop shop for storage and moving.
So here we are today. Noffs Self Storage is maintained by a full-time and part-time staff, and continues to maintain a strong presence in the greater Chicagoland area, serving hundreds of people each year in the most personal way possible. Here, the customer is everything, and an unshakable determination brings us to this: We have what you need.